RECIPE ALERT: NomNom Egg and Bacon Biscuit

6:04 PM

It's not very often that Hershey and I get to eat breakfast together anymore.  He stays up to feed the twins at 12:00 a.m., so he doesn't come to bed until after 1:00 a.m.  With my getting up to feed them at 3:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m., his only real time to get restful sleep is after I take them both out of the room to start our day at 9:00 a.m.  So he usually is in bed until well after 12:30 p.m. (I sleep from 11:00 p.m. - 3:00 a.m. thanks to him taking the 12:00 shift).  

So when we found ourselves both awake this morning during the 9:00 feeding hour at the zoo, I seized the moment to try out a recipe that I found on Jessica Garvin's website a couple of days ago.  I couldn't find the post again, so I winged it based on what I remembered it looking like, but here's how it breaks down:


You can use any brand, but these are the brands that I chose.
 I started with these homestyle Grands Buttermilk biscuits by Pillsbury.  First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Next, I split the biscuits in half so that there was a top and a bottom, and I fitted the bottom pieces into a cupcake tin.  I then cooked one slice of turkey bacon and scrambled one egg for every sandwich I was making (there's only 2 of us, so I only made 6 sandwiches, saving the last two uncooked biscuits in a ziploc bag in the fridge so that I can make them with our next dinner).

Once the eggs were scrambled and the bacon was done, I scooped spoonfuls of the eggs into the bottom parts of the biscuits, chopped up the bacon and put that on top, and then topped that with cheese (3 with shredded sharp cheddar, 3 with white American slices).  I then put the tops of the biscuits back on and put the cupcake tin into the preheated oven for about 15 minutes.

Once the sandwiches were done (I checked by poking the top bun with my finger and looking at the color, very technical, I know), I let them sit for about 5 minutes to cool and then I used a butter knife to cut around the edges, and the sandwiches easily popped out of the tin in one chunk.

We then enjoyed breakfast together(ish).  Hershey was able to finish 3 of these puppies in one sitting, while I one-handed two of them while giving Jane her bottle.  We didn't exactly time it quite right, because I took a 20 minute long shower once we put the girls down for their morning nap since I didn't shower yesterday at all (I know, EW).  So our feeding ran into theirs.  But it was still delicious and worth it!

This was one of the easiest and most delicious breakfasts I've made in a long time.  It took me maybe 20 minutes all together (30 if you count clean-up time).  I even saved one for tomorrow morning!

To make the day even better, we got SMILES from our favorite girls!

Giggles from Emma

Left-of-center laughs from Jane
Hope this helps you get your Monday off to a better start!  Happy twinning!

You Might Also Like