Being Pregnant is For the Birds!

4:56 PM

I had a rough pregnancy, to say the least.  I was sick from the beginning.

Me and the twins at 12 weeks

I'm not talking about wake-up-and-throw-up-morning-sickness sick.  I'm talking ALL DAY SICK TO MY STOMACH.  I couldn't even cook a meal because I didn't want to taste test anything for fear of my stomach turning over and knocking me off of my feet.

Here is a list of my TOP 10 MUST HAVES that got me through a very tough 8 months.  Luckily I have a very patient husband who comforted me and told me that I was beautiful and that it was ok to order in 6 times a week (and that he wasn't hungry the one day that I didn't want to order anything at all).



1.  B-Nexa.  My OB-GYN gave me a free sample of this little wonder herbal supplement, and it changed my life. I was nauseous 24/7 until I met B-Nexa.  It was a prescription, so I ordered it through my prescription benefits program and my insurance covered it.

2.  Water.  Water.  Water.

3.  Bagel Bites.  Something about the mixture of salt and carbs made me feel whole again.

4.  Motherhood Maternity Undies.  Because my regular undies stopped fitting at week 11 (hey, I was having TWINS!).

5.  Preggie Pops.  I didn't discover these until towards the end of my pregnancy, but I'm sure glad I did.  When the B-Nexa just wasn't enough, these worked WONDERS, even at 3 a.m.

6.  Pregnancy Boppy (the body pillow AND the wedge pillow).  I used the body pillow at the beginning, until I was too big to fit me, the body pillow AND my husband all in one bed.  Then I used the wedge, which I searched high and low for (finally found it at Babies R Us).  It held my belly up just enough so that I was never squishing a kid, and could sleep comfortably on my side.

7.  Old Navy Maternity clothes.  They always run sales and have coupons, so I was able to really stock up on staples like corduroys and cozy cotton tops without breaking the bank, and the tops and dresses I can still wear!

8.  Lemonade.  Seriously.  It helped the nausea.  I was really nauseous.  Really.

9.  Belly Band.  Once I was about 6 months pregnant, I could no longer hold up my belly and waddle down the hallways of school without some extra support.

10.  Gas-X and Tylenol.  I had frequent headaches throughout my pregnancy, and my pelvis always felt like it had been cracked.  The Tylenol helped these aches and pains tremendously.  As for the Gas-X, well, that's self-explanatory.  I was never a big Tums person, but Gas-X worked wonders (and it helped a lot after my C-Section, too!).

That's my top 10 pregnancy must-haves.  Please let me know if you think I left anything out, or if you have questions about ANY of my other must-haves that didn't make the top 10.

Happy twinning!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I see this tpo10 pregnancy product and i agree with because this product great relief you in pregnancy thanks for share it pregnancy pillow .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being such an inspiration to me and others around you.
    I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles.

    ReplyDelete