#hoppity

9:33 PM

With Jane and Emma's first Easter just around the corner, I figured now would be a good time to let you all in on a little secret.  

I <3 EASTER CANDY!  I used to look forward to the Easter baskets that the "Easter Bunny" would bring.  I would be on a 3 day sugar high afterwards from eating all of the Peeps, Robin's Eggs, chocolate bunnies, and jelly beans.  I even have a stash of Robin's Eggs in my desk drawer right now, and I still start buying/eating-the-crap-out-of Cadbury Eggs the second they hit the shelves in February.  

Therefore, I decided to start the Easter basket tradition EARLY with Jane and Emma, and although they cannot eat candy, I have bought a whole bunch of other goodies to stock their little baskets full of.


And speaking of baskets, since my mother has always been a big basket collector, I asked her to dig through her collection to find 2 similar baskets for the twincesses.  She was able to unearth the two baskets that we borrowed to hold our programs at our wedding, complete with the ribbons used to adorn them for the event!  What amazing keepsakes for the girls!


As you all already know, I am an Amazon-holic.  I purchased the books, squeezy blocks, alphabet links, and teething lambies on Amazon.  


The rest of the goodies I purchased at Target.  Overall I would say I spent about less than $30 on each basket.  I found the grass and the little basket weave purses in the Dollar Spot, the eggs (which I will be filling with puffs and maybe a couple of headbands) were $5 for 6, and the sippy cups and plush dolls were about $3 each.  




As a child, I was a HUGE fan of If You Give a Mouse a Cookie (which I have in duplicate for Jane and Emma and read to them once a week), so I was super psyched when I found Happy Easter, Mouse!  Duck & Goose was just an added bonus because it's ADORABLE!


Jane and Emma are starting to make connections and really understand things, so I hope that they fall in love with all of these goodies (and this holiday) as much as I have!

What traditions are you starting with your little ones this year?  I'd love to hear from you!

Happy {almost} Hump Day! Please don't 'forget to vote by clicking the links below!  xoxo

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers



Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

You Might Also Like

0 comments