BRAKE

9:11 PM

Tonight, I'm linking up with some LOVELY ladies in bringing in the new year with STYLE!

Little Baby Garvin prompted:  "Many people chose a word to reflect on, live by or aspire to for the New Year. Let us know your word, how you decided upon it & how you plan to incorporate it into 2014."

My word is BRAKE.  As in PUMP THE BRAKES.

2013 was a rough one.  I'm not gonna lie.  For roughly the first half of the year I was uncomfortably pregnant.  Couldn't sit.  Couldn't stand.  Couldn't roll over.  Couldn't go up and down stairs.  I even called my classroom "The Ivory Tower" because once I made it up to the third floor at 7:45 a.m., I didn't come down until 2:55 p.m.  

Then, all of the sudden, BAM!  Jane and Emma were born.  They rushed out, 8 weeks early.  We spent 6 weeks running to and from the NICU, wishing time would pass faster so that we could bring them home.

Once we got them home, we wished for time to pass faster so that we could get them off of their apnea monitors and so that their reflux would go away.

Then, we started wishing for next year.  "Next year will be easier."  "Next year we can take them to the beach."  "Next year they will be running around."  "Next year they'll understand Christmas."

Now here we are, in NEXT YEAR, and I'm wishing that time would go slower.  Because I looked at Jane and Emma today, who are twice the size of their new little friend Olivia (who is twice the size that THEY were when they came home), and I realized that time has gone too fast.  Before I know it they will be walking.  Before I know it they will be talking, and saying "no!"  Before I know it, they won't need me anymore.  


So I need to pump the brakes.  Spend more time hugging them and less time being frustrated.  Spend more time rocking them to sleep and reading them bedtime stories, and less time rushing through routines and wishing they would nap.  Spend more time playing with them on the floor, and less time folding laundry and trying to straighten up my house.  Spend more time LOVING ON THEM AND MY HUBBY and less time wishing things were easier.  

Because right now things are pretty perfect.  No matter the struggle, Jane, Emma, and Hershey make it worth it.  

And they deserve a slow down.

And so do I.

Welcome, 2014.  Oh, how I have longed for you.

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers



Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

You Might Also Like

0 comments