#babycation

2:38 AM

Tomorrow (today, since it is 2:30 a.m.), we will depart for our very first family vacation. Hershey, the girls, and I will be spending 12 glorious days at Hershey's family's beach house in Avalon, NJ. 

First and foremost, thank God or whoever is out there for vacations! I have been cooped up in our apartment since May. MAY. Do you know how stir crazy that can make a person? Needless to say, my shopping apps have become my credit card's enemy (WHYYY did you come up with online shopping H&M???). 


Second, packing for myself has always been a total Pain in the Ass, but packing for two babies is probably the second hardest thing I've ever done in my life (giving birth to two babies being the first).  I spent an hour in the nursery being chided by my husband as I put away all of the laundry so that I could walk through my day and pack as I went ("Yeah that makes total sense, put everything away and then take it back out to put it into a suitcase!" Know what? Shut it!). I know I'm forgetting at least 13 things, which I'm not sure how because I pretty much packed everything in the nursery, besides the cribs. 


On top of laundry and packing, I also cooked dinner for my parents and bathed the girls and got them ready for bed. I was feeling like Super Mom until I realized that it was 1:30 a.m. and I hadn't gone to bed yet. I was then kicking myself because every hour Jane has woken up howling in pain with her first diaper rash (of course, because we leave for vacation today), at which point I peeled myself out of bed, tripped over my own 73 suitcases, and swept Jane off to the nursery so that she could scream some more as I smeared Baby Anti Monkey Butt paste all over everything from her ears down, hoping to beat the diaper rash at its own game. 

It is now 6:39 a.m. and I am running on about 14 minutes of consecutive sleep (maybe 3 hours total). Thankfully Hershey is driving. I think I'll be taking naps in between rest stops to recover from my packing experience. 


I'll be blogging from the beach while we are away, posting about our activities and travel essentials. I'm looking forward to Hershey and I's first grown-up-night-out-while-Grandma-babysits night! 

Hope you have a great weekend! Happy twinning! 



You Might Also Like

0 comments